This website is owned and operated by Pearson Education Limited, a registered company in England and Wales whose registered office is at 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL. Company Registration number 872828, VAT Number GB278 5371 21 (“Pearson”).
1. These terms and conditions apply to your use of the website and its features as well as regarding the material on this website. You are responsible for bringing these terms to the attention of anyone who may read or interact with material on this website as a result of your access to it. This website Pearson Research Community contains a panel enabling you to participate in online surveys, discussion forums, online focus groups, diary studies and related services ("the Pearson Research Community"). The Pearson Research Community will contact you for research purposes only.
2. All material on this website is (unless otherwise stated) copyright 2016 Pearson Education Limited. Reading, copying or adapting any material implies agreement to these terms and conditions.
3. (i) When you register for the Pearson Research Community, you must provide specific information as set out in the registration form ("Registration Details"). You must provide accurate Registration Details and update your Registration Details as necessary to so that they maintain their accuracy.
3. (ii). If you request to register for the Pearson Research Community using Facebook we will use the name and email address that you have registered with Facebook to send you details of how to register as a member of the Pearson Research Community.
4. You may not register for the Pearson Research Community if you are employed by or have a contract for services with any company in the Pearson Group of companies. Family members such as siblings or parents but not spouses or partners of employees or services contractors are eligible to participate.
5. Pearson may immediately suspend or terminate your access to the website without notice if any breach of these terms and conditions of use by you is brought to our attention.
7. You must not allow others to use your Registration Details or account, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account. You agree to notify Pearson Education Limited immediately of any unauthorised use of your Registration Details or account. Neither Pearson nor its third party suppliers who develop or host the website will be liable for any losses arising out of the unauthorised use of your Registration Details and/or account and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pearson or any of its associated companies, agents, affiliates and/or licensors, as applicable, for unauthorised uses of your account.
8. Users are permitted to view, print and download the material for personal, non-commercial use only but in so doing are not permitted to remove or amend any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice. Users are not entitled to modify the content of this website or reproduce, republish, transmit, link, frame or deep-link it on any other website without the express permission of Pearson. Users may not distribute, transmit, reproduce or publish by electronic or any other means any part of the data without the prior written permission of Pearson. All other rights reserved.
9. All trademarks used here in are the property of their respective owners. The use of any trademark on our website does not vest in the author or publisher any trademark ownership rights in such trademarks, nor does the use of such trademarks imply any affiliation with or endorsement of our website by such owners.
10. Whilst Pearson endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is correct, it is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind, and no warranty, express or implied, is given that the content of this website is accurate, complete or up to date. Neither Pearson nor its third party suppliers who develop or host the website accept any liability for any error or omission. Use of content on this website is at your own risk. Neither Pearson nor its third party suppliers who develop or host the website shall be liable for any third party claims or losses of any nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from a third party's use or inability to use this website.
11. Pearson accepts no responsibility for the content on any website to which a hypertext link from this website exists or for any use of personal data by the third party operating such a website. The links are provided ‘as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
12. All authors or providers of a link into this website should note that Pearson does not necessarily read, check or edit the content from such links and Pearson accepts such material linked to its website purely on the basis of an understanding that Pearson is a distributor (not a publisher) of such material and by linking to this website, the author or provider of the link gives an implied warranty that he/she/it will indemnify Pearson in the event of any action arising as a result of such material appearing on or via this website. All persons accessing this website are also put on notice of such fact.
13. Pearson makes efforts to ensure that its publications, advertising and offers on this website fully meet the requirements of English law it is not intended for such content to be viewed outside of the UK. In the event that a foreign country's law may not be fully complied with, then Pearson shall be deemed not to be directing such content to that particular country.
14. By submitting any material to us you agree to abide by the following rules. Pearson reserves the right but does not have an obligation to monitor materials or any information which is posted on any bulletin boards, discussion forums, blogs, chats or similar tools available on the website ("the Public Areas"). We also have the right, but no obligation, at any time to delete, remove, or suspend the whole or any part of the materials on this website or any content posted on them in any Public Areas without notice and without incurring any liability.
15. If you find objectionable or offensive material please let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
16. The views, statements and opinions expressed in any of the Public Areas in any form are those of the individual contributors or advertisers and not the statements and opinions of Pearson or its third party suppliers who develop or host the website.
17. By posting your comments or materials on the Public Areas, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, make available, distribute, sub-license and display any content you submit to us in any format now known or later developed. By submitting material you acknowledge that you waive any moral rights you may have in it. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us. You acknowledge that your comments on Public Areas will be attributed to you, e.g. through your user name.
18. You may use the Public Areas only to post content that is proper and appropriate to such areas and you must not do any of the following:
a. advertise, promote or offer to sell any goods or services;
b. use the Public Areas to post, transmit unsolicited promotional material " junk" mail or "spam ";
c. reveal any confidential or sensitive information;
d. reveal any personal information on other persons (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address);
e. post or link to any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, harmful or otherwise objectionable content (this includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio);
f. post content which you do not have permission to use, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties;
g. post content that contains viruses or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects to any user or equipment;
h. imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
i. delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any content that is posted;
j. falsify the origin or source of content that is posted;
k. post content in a language other than English;
l. contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act;
m. use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar or offensive) user names;
n. impersonate any living person or purporting to represent any organisation;
19. This website provides users with a free information service, but should Pearson add services for which payment is required, users will be notified within the website and given instructions for subscribing to any such services.
20. Pearson Education Limited may, at its sole and unfettered discretion, arrange for prize draws or award points. Points and prizes are awarded in good faith. Pearson Research Community members are expected to participate in the spirit of fair play. Anyone suspected of foul play may be investigated and Pearson reserves the right to refuse points or prizes in this case. Prizes are limited in number and will be allocated in accordance with the applicable rules of the specific prize draw. Alternative prizes may be sourced to enable Pearson Research Community members to use their points. No cash alternative is available. We will inform you of the rules of any specific prize draws in each case.
21. Pearson may, at its discretion, award points for your participation in surveys, discussions, chats or other activities. We will provide instructions on how we will award points in each case on our website and you must follow these instructions to be awarded any points.
22. We will inform you on our website if we offer any items or vouchers from third party retailers for your points. No point is ever available for redemption until you have reached the minimum number of points for redemption into items or vouchers. We may change the minimum number of points necessary for redemption at any time. No other form of redemption of your points is available. The range of available items or vouchers may change from time to time without notice to you. Any particular items or vouchers may be limited in number and we may source alternative items or vouchers.
23. Where we arrange for the redemption of points into vouchers from third party retailers, we are not responsible for the conduct of the third party retailer or its failure to accept vouchers. Each third party retailer has its own terms and conditions for the redemption of the voucher it may issue. You should consult with the third party retailer concerned on its terms and conditions. We will not accept any liability regarding the points or any vouchers.
24. Points have no cash value and you cannot claim any monetary compensation or redemption into cash from us under any circumstances. We reserve the right to close down the points scheme at any point without notice and without any compensation to you and in any event no points will be redeemable if and when you unsubscribe or if your account is terminated or suspended by Pearson.
25. If you have not participated in the Pearson Research Community for more than six months, we may in our discretion, close your account and delete any points without any compensation to you.
26. While Pearson makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website, it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses. Thus, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from this website.
27. Information transmitted via this website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Pearson and its third party suppliers who develop or host the website make no representation or warranty that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted or error free and disclaim all liability in respect thereof.
28. If you breach these terms and conditions and we take no action, we will not be deemed to have waived any of our rights and may still use any rights and remedies that were open to us when you broke them.
29. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law.
30. The contents of these pages are copyright 2016 Pearson unless otherwise stated. ‘Edexcel’, ‘Addison-Wesley’, ‘Longman’, ‘Heinemann’ and ‘Prentice Hall’ are all trademarks of Pearson Education Limited or other companies in the Pearson Education group.
31. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.